The stage 2 toothbrush is unique in the sense that both the brush and handle are made from medical silicone. The safety shield must be attached before use by pulling the brush head through the shield hole (may need to be stretched). The safety shield rests below the bristles. The safety shield prevents the brush from sliding too far down the oral cavity. The toothbrush was specially developed for babies and toddlers that have not developed any side or rear teeth.
The silicone used is made from non-toxic, medical silicone. If the bristles come off due to chewing there is no need to be alarmed, as it passes through the digestive system without causing any problems.
Directions for use:
- Wash your hands and finger brush before use and rinse well after use.
- Place a small amount of the Jack N Jill toothpaste on the bristles and clean teeth and gums using circular motions.
- Ensure that minimum pressure is used when brushing the teeth and cleaning the gums.
- It is advised to regularly sterilise the finger brush using boiling water.
- Replace toothbrush every 8 weeks or sooner (illness)
- Replace as soon as signs of damage is visible.
- Only use under adult supervision!
- Not for chewing - This is not a pacifier or teething tool!
- Inspect the toothbrush before each use to ensure the bristles are still intact - This can be done when cleaning the toothbrush before use.
- The toothbrush can be cleaned using a mild soap and warm water.